Sunday, November 13, 2005

Home Decorating...



During my last days off my work, I mostly spend hours in decorating my home. As said by Bunda Lala, gardening is included as part of home decorating. It is a very exciting, and it felt almost like doing fitness (pushing myself to the limit until sweating all out).

In the end, I feel happy. I was wondering why I did not have the same excitement on regular weekends (Sunday). I think it is because of my long day off my work. Long holidays made me wanted to do something with my home. On regular Sunday, I was spending the day refreshing myself after a week at the office. At that time, home decorating was not on my plan.

Let me share some of my excitement. My first excitement is the sunflower seed! I got it in Ace Hardware shop at Artha Gading Mall Jakarta. As you know, my quest for sunflower has not been a satisfactory. So, if the sunflower is hard ot find, then I intend to create a farm of sunflowers! Ace Hardware actually has three type of sunflower seed with beauty and uniqueness of each own, but firstly I will try this one (Autumn Beauty).

The second excitement is an indoor sculpture fountain (I don't have the official name). It is a stone curved in such an artistic style with water flowing from top. Most models have stone balls rotating on top of it (over the flowing water). We thought it would be nice to have the sound of rippling water in our home. It would bring the relaxing sound of water. This is also inspired in Ace Hardware shop. What excites me is the hunt for sculpture fountain. In Ace Hardware, the price is quite enormous, one item priced Rp. 900.000. Bunda Lala said that she once knew that Mirota Batik has the same item, but only priced one-third. As we got to Mirota Batik, the item is still expensive, priced Rp. 700.000, not to mention the lack of models. So the hunt continued to Kasongan area. There we found many model of sculpture fountain, and of course with only one-third price from Ace Hardware shop... hehehe...

No comments: