Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lookout! Nagrek Driver in Action!

we travel to Jakarta through the south route. last 2 years, we select the north route (pantura), so we think its okay to select south route for now. i myself has traveled through this route using motorbike. well, apparently, the south route is not just another "ordinary" route. the area named "Nagrek" has its uniqueness :)

Travelling through Nagrek is very challenging. the path is inclining 45 degrees, the road is bumpy, and full of heavy vehicles (bus, puso, double-trailer, container trucks, etc). those trucks moved very slow because of the heavy load. danger will happen if the trucks don't have enough power to climb, engine will shut down, so do their brakes. one said that, brakes system in diesel vehicles relies on its power source from the engine. please correct me if i'm wrong.

so, there is was, becoming a Nagrek driver for over an hour. I race with the trucks. I had to keep my RPMs high, so that I can make quick maneuvers any time if I have to overrun the trucks, or if something happened with the trucks in front of me. The adrenaline is high along the route, so I passed Nagrek without I even noticed.

travelling through Nagrek consumes many energy, and very stressful. so we prefer it would be better to take the pantura route. I also think timing is essential. if you travel from Yogyakarta in early morning, avoid the south route, because it will be dark when you reach Nagrek. most of the heavy vehicles travel at night, so you will need to compete against this.

so, next time you meet me, I am a "certified" Nagrek driver :)

No comments: