Monday, October 09, 2006

Smartcard PC/SC Programming with C# .NET

I am so overwhelmed with smartcards!

last midnight, I finally fulfilled my quest on how to communicate with smartcard through PC/SC (not by direct access through the serial ports). I previously did intensive research on OpenSC and OCF (Open Card Framework). With OpenSC, I'm stuck because of all of my cards were unsupported (my card is Gemplus Xpresso and Oberthur). With OCF, well, the framework in Java took quite some efforts for me to implement it :)

Since the last several weeks, I have been intensively also in learning .NET, especially with C#. so why didn't I explore this PC/SC access with C#. C# is my future coding skills, I intend to be really good with C# (as I did with Delphi). After a long quest, thanks to Mike Yeager who contributes a code samples of interfacing PC/SC with C#.

Let me give you the snapshot here, it is still a very simple example. the quest of smartcard with .NET continues... :)

7 comments:

andri said...

wow..you stil have a time to do a research ? That's amazed me...

Adityo Hidayat St. Majo Kayo said...

well... there's a tradeoff in everything. My research can only be done if Lala already aslept :P

Digvijay Chauhan said...

Hej!,

Did you try subsembly?

or even a .NET wrapper for C# for doing smart card stuff in .NET.

Check out my Blog at http://smartcardproducts.blogspot.com/

do let me know how you like it :-)

- Editor
http://www.onsmartcards.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi,

how can this work , which supporting class are using,
if possible please give me this code

anishmm@gmail.com

regards

anish

Unknown said...

Hi all.
I'm trying to write an application in C# to send APDU... but I allways get an error sending the command. Can you provide me you source to see what you did? fuffoso@tiscali.it
Thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

Take a look at http://sites.google.com/site/monopcsc/Home too. Open source .Net wrapper to PCSC with plenty of example code.

Sid said...

Hello Toni,

Arrived at this blog of yours after much search.
I am trying to retrieve the ATR of a proximity card.
Would appreciate it if you can provide the code sample for the same. sudheendra.mr@gmail.com
I see the Screenshot you have provided doing the same.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Sudheendra