Monday, July 23, 2007

The Game of Pride


Apparently, I enjoyed sports which “compete with someone” instead of “compete with myself”. Since recent months, I have been enjoying table tennis (or “ping pong” in Bahasa). Well, by competing with someone, you will definitely got “Pride” involved.

I recalled years ago, when I was in junior highschool, I was completely beaten by a friend of mine in table tennis. At that moment, my pride was lost. So I have never played table tennis ever since.


Just few months ago, I feel like trying table tennis again. So, I embrace myself to play with a friend of mine, here in my workplace. Well, as what happened years ago, once again I got completely beaten (and my Pride once again lost). But this time, I don’t quit. I learn table tennis techniques from many friends here. I also played a lot, with many opponents, hoping I would play better than before.

I am currently undergone a table tennis tournament. I have had hard and intensive table tennis trainings for a few months, hoping this time I would be able to regain my Pride.

You can see the pics here some of my “style” while playing table tennis. Yesterday, I played 7 games with my sparring partner. It was a very rough game, because my thumb is injured :p


2 comments:

Agung Budi Prasetio said...

kapan2 kayaknya perlu sparing partner nih :)

he2... are you ready Mr? ;)

Anonymous said...

wah..semangat 45 nya perlu dicontoh nich ;)) go go sport..